The healthcare teams at CureJoy, an online health and wellness advice platform that uses advice based on natural and proven alternative medicine disciplines, gave their twenty remedies you can do at home to get and stay healthy. Here are what everyone should know:
- Having pomegranate’s juice daily is good for heart and useful for people suffering from low blood pressure.
- One natural treatment for acidity is chewing a few Basil (tulsi) leaves after a meal. This not just works as an antacid as it helps the body absorb food but also prevents reflux and the formation of ulcers.
- Sucking a piece of Clove after meal helps in reducing acidity problem.
- A flake of garlic swallowed with water taken empty stomach daily in the morning can be helpful in solving many stomach & gastric problems.
- Headache caused by summer heat is cured by consuming watermelon juice. Just one glass a day works wonders!
- Eating an apple on an empty stomach in the morning relieves one of migraine pain. This must be done for a few mornings. I have been a migraine patient for past 10 years and this one worked most for me.
- Open 6 dates and boil in 1/2 liter of milk for 25 minutes over low heat. Drink three cups a day. This is ultimate dry cough remedy.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of honey […]
If you’re like me and work at a desk full-time, you understand the physical strain that continual sitting and improper posture can have on the body. Yoga is one of the leading practices to release tension, relax the muscles, improve posture and boost energy yet it’s hard to squeeze in exercise with our demanding schedules. The mainstream healthcare leaders at Health.com shared five quick, easy yoga posses/stretches to do at the office to help you through the workday.
Sit at the edge of your chair, press your hands down on either side of your hips and raise your legs and butt up off the seat. Engage your deep abdominal muscles and keep the tops of your shoulders down; hold for 3 to 5 breaths. Lower and repeat 2 more times.
High Altar Pose
Inhale and lift your arms; clasp your hands and invert your palms. Lean to your left. Hold for 5 to 8 breaths, then switch sides.
Turn to your left. Use your left hand on the back of the chair to deepen the twist. Hold for 5 to 8 breaths, then twist to the other side.
Cow Face Arms
Bring your left arm behind your back and right arm behind your head. Clasp fingers if you can. Hold for 5 to 8 breaths; switch sides.
Ankle to Knee
Place your left foot on your right knee, letting left knee drop open. Keep your back straight; lean forward to stretch deeper. After 5 to 8 breaths, switch sides.
At 7 […]
Did you know Seldovia Village Tribe and SVT Health & Wellness can not only help you apply for many services, such as Denali KidCare, but can also help with travel arrangements and various other accommodations to and from your appointments? These accommodations are usually 100% covered by the program! Our assistance is offered, for free, to all people whether Native or non-Native.
Live in Homer or Anchor Point? Contact Monica Anderson, Certified Application Counselor and Enrollment Specialist at 226-2228 for assistance.
Live in Seldovia? Contact Debbie Cameron, Community Health Representative and Enrollment Specialist, at 435-3259 for more information.
When applying for Denali KidCare, or any other public assistance, there may be a lengthy processing period. You may be asked to mail or fax in additional information or proof of income if not submitted with your application. To keep in touch with a representative of the state and to check your application status, call the Public Assistance office closest to you.
If you live in Homer, Seldovia or Anchor Point your two local Public Assistance offices are:
|Homer District Office||Kenai Peninsula Job Center|
|3670 Lake Street, Suite 200
Homer, AK 99603
|11312 Kenai Spur Hwy., Suite #2
Kenai, AK 99611
|Phone: (907) 226-3040
|Phone: (907) 283-2900
|Fax: (907) 235-6176
|Fax: (907) 283-6619
Click here for the full list of Public Assistance offices
Click here to download a Denali KidCare application.
We have a new Supplement of the Month for March — PRO-5™ by Klaire Labs!
Pro-5™ is a high-potency, hypoallergenic blend of five probiotic strains to support balanced gut health.
• Optimizes Digestion — Helps the body digest foods more comfortably and efficiently.
• Improves Absorption — Aids in the transfer of vitamins and minerals (such as calcium and vitamin B) in the foods we eat to our bodies.
• Safeguards Against Infection — Pro-5™ and other probiotics are linked to decreasing reoccurring yeast infections and urinary tract infections, as well as with defending against acne and other infections.
• Strengthens Immunity — A healthy digestive tract increases the production of one immune system responder, known as lymphocytes.
Pro-5™ is an excellent, cost-effective option for supplementation with potent amounts of probiotic strains that compete against less desirable bacteria and yeast.
Save 10% all month long!
February is the month for love and the Supplement of the Month at SVT Health & Wellness is Prosta-Strong.
Prosta-Strong helps support optimum prostate health by focuses on three targeted areas:
• Healthy Prostate — Saw Palmetto berries and pumpkin seeds contain natural fatty acids and plant sterols that supply valuable nutritional support for the prostate gland.
• Urinary Flow — This formula supplies pygeum and Graminex™ to support healthy urinary flow in men as they age.
• Antioxidant Support — Lycopene, a natural tomato extract, delivers beneficial nourishment for the prostate.
Prosta-Strong® is a comprehensive formula developed to support the prostate gland. This multi-nutrient blend includes a combination of herbs and nutrients to uniquely support prostate health. Prosta-Strong® also supplies quercetin, a flavonoid with powerful antioxidant properties. This advanced formula includes healthy levels of Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, give the special man in your life the gift of health!
Save 10% all month long!
Taking the recipes, ideas and information from the forms below, you can start a sugar-free cleanse! Moderating your sugar intake can be helpful to a longterm lifestyle and nutritional change.
—To Read Online—
General Sugar Information — Healthy Tips and Ideas to Reduce Sugar and Get Healthy:
Recipes and Detox How-Tos:
—To Download the PFDs—
On Thursday, January 8th, Licensed Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbalist Amy Rattenbury taught an introduction to Tai chi and Qigong.
Tai chi is an ancient Chinese tradition that is practiced as a graceful form of exercise. It involves a series of movements performed in a slow, focused manner and accompanied by deep breathing. This is a noncompetitive, self-paced system of gentle physical exercise and stretching. Each posture flows into the next without pause, ensuring that your body is in constant motion.
Tai chi is low impact and puts minimal stress on muscles and joints, making it generally safe for all ages and fitness levels. In fact, because tai chi is low impact, it may be especially suitable if you’re an older adult who otherwise may not exercise. You may also find tai chi appealing because it’s inexpensive, requires no special equipment and can be done indoors or out, either alone or in a group.
The benefits of tai chi include:
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Increased aerobic capacity
- Increased energy and stamina
- Increased flexibility, balance and agility
- Increased muscle strength and definition
Some evidence indicates that tai chi also may help:
- Enhance quality of sleep
- Enhance the immune system
- Lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Improve joint pain
- Improve symptoms of congestive heart failure
- Improve overall well-being in older adults
- Reduce risk of falls in older adults
Check out the full-length video of Amy’s Tai Chi & Qigong Thriving Thursdays class below which you can follow along at home to try out this amazing stress-busting, energy-boosting technique.
Do you know about the link between healthy magnesium and calcium levels and low stress?
Magnesium and calcium are fundamental nutrients that need to be in balance with each other in order for you to fully experience good health.
When we are under stress, our cells go through a change. Calcium levels becomes high which will contract and tense the muscles. The magnesium then pushes the calcium out of the cell and the cell is again in its resting, relaxed state.
Magnesium helps your muscles and nerves function properly; it keeps your heart rhythm steady, supports a healthy immune system and also assists in keeping your bones strong. This essential mineral helps regulate blood sugar levels, promotes normal blood pressure and is required for producing and storing energy. It’s easy to see why many researchers say that no single dietary factor is as critical as magnesium.
Natural Calm is the solution to both restoring a healthy magnesium level and balancing your calcium intake—the result of which is natural stress relief.
Natural Calm is the best-selling magnesium supplement on the market for over seven years in a row and is our January Supplement of the Month! Drink stress away naturally with The Anti-Stress Drink. For more information, watch the video below and find out how you can save on this amazing supplement!